Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Sewing Patterns

I have updated the sewing patterns for the light grey fleece and added patterns for the dark grey fleece. I make a number of mistakes with the light grey; I didn't include a seam allowance for the center circles, the corner edges were one inch instead of two like I had designed them, etc.

I was able to cram in all of the pieces into 2 yards for the light grey, but it will be an incredibly dense layout, and very difficult to pull off. There is no margin for error on this, and if I make a mistake, I screw up 2 pieces, since 90% of them share an edge.

The dark grey was a different story. Its the background, so mainly just big square panels to sew the light grey parts onto. I fit most on one yard, but one or two pieces had to go on the second. I'll probably stitch together the inside bottom panel from scraps off of the first yard of the dark grey, as it's less waste and noone will see it under the game controllers anyway.

So here's the updated layouts;

Light Grey Yard 1

Light Grey Yard 2

Dark Grey Yard 1

Dark Grey Yard 2

No comments:

Post a Comment