Saturday, September 19, 2009

New Project : Coffee Table



I've had this dining room tabletop for years. I'm not entirely sure why I kept it after throwing away the legs, but I did, and now I finally found something for it.

I'm going to fashion a fold-away coffee table from it.

The idea is to have the table have both caster wheels and folding legs, so that when the legs re up, its a normal table, but when the legs are folded away, the caster wheels make storing under the sofa easier.

I'm going to try for a combination of Art Deco and Steampunk. The central piece will be deco, with brass rays radiating from it, and a statuette on either side. The corners will have brass portholes with large gears inside them, and between the rays will have gears interspersed. The entire design will be sunken in resin, like a bartop.

Here's the initial sketch I came up with. 2nd draft to follow soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment