Thursday, April 29, 2010

Update : Platform Bed

Collected materials (only one shelf shown, but there is 4 assembled)

So we started assembling the platform bed. I started with the interior frame. I drilled holes in all the 2x4s and the 4x4 posts. Measuring  was more difficult than I thought it would be, as the edges were rounded off. I made a couple mistakes, but nothing I couldn't recover from.


The clutch on the drill gave out partway through the drilling, and I had to buy a new one to finish with. It was a second-hand drill that I got years ago, so I'm grateful it lasted as long as it did.

I attached the posts to the frame sides with lag bolts. easy to put on, and easy to disassemble when we move. Once each post had a 2x4 I moved it onto the bedroom and started attaching them to each other.

I made a mistake measuring the center beam. Since the lumber was cut at home depot, I was rather upset about having to go back and buying another 2x4 (they wouldn't cut one brought in from outside). Fortunately, the drill dying turned out to be a boon, cause now I needed a saw too. I picked up a multi-tool kit for much cheaper than they would have been alone.

Once the center beam was re-cut the inner frame was complete.  Next we get to assemble the outer frame.

2 comments:

  1. You created a great post with excellent information, i learnt a lot of stuff from this article.

    folding beds

    ReplyDelete
  2. A ground-hugging bed along with low bedroom furniture can make a tiny room look roomier and give the illusion of high ceilings. best platform bed reviews

    ReplyDelete