Monday, April 26, 2010

Update : Platform Bed

Here's some pics of the shelves we bought from Ikea. They're Effektiv shelves. We realized that since they were kitchen shelves, they had no backing, so we're trying to come up with a solution for that. We're going to attach them to each other in a spiral square with door hinges, so that when it needs to be disassembled we can just pull up the pin and the hinges will pull apart.

I have gathered all the materials together to start this monster. Jenn has helped a lot in this. She even helped assemble the Ikea shelves. Somehow when we purchased 4 black shelves, we ended up with 3 black and 1 birch being delivered. I would be a huge headache to try to arrange to have it returned so Jenn and I decided to roll with the punches and spread out the birch colored parts.
 Here's what one if the mixed shelves looks like.
Home depot lumber cutting guy was cool, but he screamed everything, like he was always at a metal concert.


I went to Home Depot and got all the other materials. It took several trips to get it all, but I got it. Big thanks to my roommate for making most of the trips with me because his car is the only one that the lumber would fit into.





No comments:

Post a Comment