Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Project : Platform Bed

Ok, heres my biggest project yet. I'm going to build a platform bed. I have very little carpentry knowledge, and i'm not terribly "handy" as far as power tools go, but I'm going to give it a bash.

After some research into styles of platform beds,  Jenn and I really like the low to the ground models, but we need extra storage space that the taller beds provide. We settled on a plan that involves two nested bed frames; a hacked set of Ikea kitchen shelves for the outer ring, and a wooden support for the mattress, topped with a flexible set of MDF slats. Its complex, but it allows a huge bed to be constructed with very little carpentry knowledge and it can be taken apart fairly easily when we eventually move.

Pics will be uploaded as the plan comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment