Thursday, October 8, 2009

Laptop Bag Project = Failed

So the fasteners never went on the laptop bag. The bag was ultimately a failure, for one reason ; the laptop doesn't fit in the bag. It's too big by a half inch, or rather the bag is too small by about a half an inch.

To tell the truth, it's an ironic end, as I worried through the whole process that I was adding too much seam allowance, adding too many bag patches together, generally making the project too BIG for the bag to be properly protected.

Well, failures are inevitable. and on reflection, if any of my current projects were to fail, I would rather this one than any of the others. That doesn't mean that this bag failing precludes my other projects from failing as well, but it's best to remain as optimistic as possible.

The bag isn't an entire failure. The fabric is salvagable with work, and I would hate to cut up one of Jennifer's favorite sweaters to just end up tossing the scraps in the garbage.

Laptop bag Ver. 2 will commence shortly. Right now though I'm going to focus on making progress on the bean bag. with effort and a quick trip to the store, I think I can complete it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment