Saturday, December 11, 2010

Mario Tree pt 2

So crafting is full steam ahead for the Mario tree. I have collected the styrofoam balls I needed, cut them and covered them in mod podge, and sanded them smooth for prep for the painting.  I was going to paint a flat white acrylic paint for the base coat, but there's a lot of them, and I think spraypaint will give a much more smooth, even coat to work with.  Off to the store for spraypaint...




Jenn had purchased 2 new crafting mediums I haven't had any experience with, Pluffy and Crayola . Both are super light and airy, so they have very little weight and will hange from the tree very well.

The down side to this is that their lack of weight makes it rather difficult to mold them. When I try to adjust one side of a piece, the entire opposite side deforms. It requires the delicate touch of a child. Or maybe just not my brute force method of solving physical problems.

Left : Comp Chain head. Right : Beetle.
Jenn came home last night after a night with her friend Cat (not Kat, Rich's girlfriend), and came home with a couple new pieces for the tree.  She had fashioned a Beetle and Chomp Chain head from the Crayola craft foam. It looked really good! I never even considered adding the Beetle enemy as a possible ornament. I was impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment